Sunday, October 7, 2018

The Girls In The Rickshaw !


By Manuwant Choudhary

For local errands I prefer taking the rickshaw..especially the battery-operated Hawa Garee...the ride is  smooth and it makes no noise..even the autowallah appears calm...with four passengers full..he does not have to stretch his neck into alleys or shout.

As I climbed into one I notice I had three other co-passengers - all girls.

They were all well-dressed in jeans and shirts, handbags....but seemed unsure about their shopping.

Two of them sat right across me and seemed quiet mostly. They spoke only when they were asked something by the third girl who sat beside me.

All three were pretty but the third the prettiest..and she had a way with words.

She asked the first girl if she would like to shop at a store nearby or go to Pantaloons as well.

The first girl, shy, would reply in mono-syllables.

The second girl wanted to buy a pair of sandals.

"Is this for pujas?" The third girl asked. "I will take you to this shop I know tomorrow."

The third girl looked affluent...she had a nice cellphone...and as the breeeze got into her hair...she would straighten it....

And then she took some 5 selfies !


Just then the red light !

And we could all hear a girl and boy arguing on a rickshaw alongside..The girl tells her boyfriend..."If you don't let me study then my mummy will not allow me to stay here beyond first year !"

The third girl beside me was all ears and then she blurts..."Agar padhai nahin kee to  meree mummy bhee humein bas first year hee hone dengeen."

We all laughed.

The guilt showed and she adds, "Abhee to raat bakee hai,,padh lengen.."

Then they spoke about some technical stuff even I could not follow....they said, "Bahut tough tai...samajh mein nahin aatee hai.."

Out of nowhere the third girl remembered something..."On Tuesday I have to go to the temple. Will you come?"

The other two girls said no as they had classes.

The third girl wanted the other two to talk more but when they didn't she broke off into a song or poem..something like..."Please don't mind me because I want you to talk.."

Just then a car passed us by...

The third girl went.."Oh wow...whats that car..the black one..its so beautiful...."

The other girls asked her.."Batao naam uska.."

All the third girl would say..."I don't know...I just liked it...the black colour..."

The other two knew..."Its a Jaguar !"










No comments: