Saturday, September 22, 2012

Aam Aadmi



By Manuwant Choudhary

Ever since our Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh said that he is the Prime Minister of only the `aam aadmi' I am trying to figure out whether I am aam or khas.

So I met his top man in the Prime Ministers Office and this is how our talk went:

Me: I just want to find out from you whether I am `aam aadmee' or not?

Officer: If you have walked to get here you are not aam aadmee.

Me: No, but I did walk..you see fuel costs have gone up.

Officer: You don't even hear what our Hon. PM said, he said aam aadmee use scooters and bikes...and thats why the price of petrol was reduced by 5 rupees.

Me: But I thought Diesel is the poor man's fuel....Well, I don't have a scooter or a bike. ...

Officer: The PM did not talk about the poor..he only talked about aam aadmee.

Me: But would you say Laloo Prasad Yadav is aam aadmee...he is after all son of a poor man.

Officer: No, no..he is not aam aadmee ...he is distributing buses to schoolchildren to beat Nitish Kumar's cycle gifts to girls.

Me: Yes, yes, I know but Laloo is so poor.....thats why his supporter took off his shirt and shouted slogans against our hon. PM. Was he aam aadmee..?

Officer: Didn't you see that joker was not aam aadmee...he was wearing VIP underwear and banyan!

Me: So you mean aam aadmee don't wear banyan...

Officer: Look I am too busy with Big Ticket Reforms..I don't know why you are wasting my time...everyone knows who is aam aadmee.

Me: Ok, Ok, let me take a guess..is aam aadmee R.K. Laxman's common man?

Officer: No, no...never...the PM never said `Common Man' he said aam aadmee..besides that common man looks like LK Advani, only kinder.

Me: I did hear the PM mention something about gas cylinders....that aam aadmee use 6 cylinders.

Officer: Thats right.

Me: But would I be aam aadmee because I use only 1 and I have still not used it in ten years.

Officer: What do you mean? Obviously, you are not aam aadmee.

Me: But why is 1 cylinder in ten years not aam aadmee?

Officer: Because the PM said the aam aadmee uses 6 cylinders every year....

Me: Look I am totally confused with this cylinder business....tell me what was the Prime Minister really talking about when he said all this thing about hard decisions...how many cylinders does his BMW have?

Officer: 6 cylinder !






























No comments: