Wednesday, September 5, 2018

A Walk In Delhi


By Manuwant Choudhary

Petrol prices touch Rs.86 per litre, the highest ever, so decided its time to walk to work.

And guess what? Just at Connaught Place in Lutyen's Delhi I found someone walk alongside me. First I notice his lanky legs, then his neat pin stripe blue suit, a red tie,  a white trimmed beard, glasses...yes..yes..wow Amitabh Bachchan..India's only real Super Star...

But then I looked again..and no...this is a look alike...a fake...like fake News ! He seemed thinner and lesser than Amitabh, i mean personality-wise.

But as I walked on...I was not that unlucky.

Because I met Amit Shah - India's most powerful man - even more powerful than Modi - the Prime Minister.

Of course, I could not speak to him because he was surrounded by suspicious looking intelligence men and black cat commandos.....SPG or something...but I overheard him ask someone..."Lunch mein kya hai?"

The reply, "JNU canteen se uthaa laoon Saheb?"

Then in the park..I met this man in Dhoti-Kurta...who  was praticing something like how you would spin a cricket ball....I asked him "Sir, you want to be Imran Khan?"

He replied, "Aisa kuch bhee nahin..main to bas aise hee boltaa rehta hoon."

He was Rajnath Singh, India's Home Minister, who speaks with his hands.

So I asked him where is Modiji these days, his reply with a spin, "Wo 14 rashtron ke bhraman pe nikle hain...ho sakta hai wo 26 rashtra ho jaye kyonki petrol bachana hai.."

Just around the corner I met Sushma Swaraj....she is actually the nicest of the lot...India's foriegn minister who is mostly at home...but she is BJPs Mother Teresa....imagine she gives visas to Pakistanis who just twitter her for help !

I did a Namaskar to her. She smiled.

I thought I wouldn't meet anyone exciting anymore...can't be luckier in one day...But then I see someone whom Rishi Kapoor likes, whom Nitu Kapoor likes,  whom Ranbir Kapoor likes. Get that??

Yes, Alia Bhatt.

She was wearing those nice faded jeans with gaping holes in them, either Mumbai has no tailors or too many rats these days? She is India's hottest actress.

On my return journey home I felt like Rahul Gandhi.

I had three khakhi uniformed cops around me....with those acrylic batons...thankfully not chilli powder guns...

Actually I decided to take the Hawa Gaaree, battery-powered auto, and the cops were taking a free ride.

I asked them where is Rahul Gandhi these days and one of them told me he is in Kailash Mansarovar- where there is no hatred....

He is walking 60 kms to Mount Kailash in Tibet....

Everything has an upward trend these days !




No comments: