Saturday, October 12, 2019

Milkshake Millennials !


By Manuwant Choudhary

When Bihar's Chief Minister Nitish Kumar banned alcohol in the state he said now Biharis will drink more milk.

I am not sure if that has happened.

So I decided to check out a milkshake joint...Patna's most happening place !

I found just a girl and boy sitting there enjoying their company more than the milkshake.

The girl X was slim and bright but simple..no make up or anything...a basic smartphone..jeans n t shirt.

The boy Y had this conversation style that was friendly and story-like..maybe he thought of the best stories that would make his girlfriend smile.

Like he told her how a young cousin from America came to Patna and disturbed his elder brothers pool game. His elder brother has a temper and he flew into a rage. 

For 15 minutes he shouted at his cousin. 

The cousin meanwhile just stood quietly and then when the shouting stopped he calmly told him, "What did you say? I don't understand Hindi."


They then spoke of where their friends are..the girl explained most are in Mumbai...mostly in the all girls Sophia College and a few in Mithibai.

The boy said most of his friends are in Delhi including one who talks too much..are with him and then he spoke of one friend in Mumbai who is all alone there..."He does not even know how to make new friends."

He went on..."My Bihari hostel room mate is so sentimental that when I left Delhi for ten days he hugged me and cried and weeped and said how will he be able to live without him."

The girl X was all smiles.

Then the girl X said, "But I do not understand why children of Army personnel write Army Brat on their facebook profile..."yeh army brat kya hota hai...??"

The boy Y, "Exactly, even I cant figure that out..lekin sab likhte hain...One of them ..his father is not even in the army still he writes Army Brat."

The girl X "Where is he from?"

The boy Y, "His father is from DRDO...thats not Army...at best he may have an Army canteen card..."

The girl, "I have one friend who does not write that..and only after months she told us she was born in Kanpur but her home is everywhere.."

Finally, the conversation turned to shampoos and hair...

The girl X, "The water in Delhi is so bad for my hair....I have to use all kinds of conditioners but still my hair is thinning..."

The boy Y, "Yes, yes...water is not just bad..its scarce too.."

The girl, "Yes, yes...paanee to Patna ka hee acchcha hai...lekin bas yahan paanee hee hai..aur kuch nahin..." (Water is good in Patna but then there is nothing else..)

For the millenials I would recommend this shampoo but in Bihar they may get arrested for this too - its made from real beer...





No comments: