Monday, May 16, 2022

The Ludhiana Industrialist!

I was at an auto parts shop today when a well dressed person arrived. He knew the shop owner and so chatted. I soon gathered from their conversation that he was an industrialist from Ludhiana in Punjab, India's most prosperous state. His factory manufactured auto components like silensors for a cross section of vehicles. But when I asked him if was an industrialist, he remarked, "Kaahe ka industrialist jo Patna mein dukaanon mein jaa jaakar apna saamaan bechne ka koshish kar raha ho. " He explained how difficult business has been. The older cars have been discontinued and the newer ones are few. And they won't need my spare parts for sometime. "I wish to sell my factory. I will convince even my partners. And I will work for the new owner for free for one year. " "Every month there are salaries to be paid and just when I am done with it, comes the sword of GST... " Another businessman quipped, " Yeh jab tak Modi rahega aisa hee rahega. " "India is worse than Sri Lanka but the media is owned by Modi so there is nothing on TV. "

No comments: