Sunday, January 10, 2021

A Safari in Bihar?

Like Narendra Modi builds everything in Gujarat, Nitish Kumar builds everything in Nalanda, his home district. Now some 20 sq kms land near Rajgir in the midst of hillocks have been walled for a safari. Electric fencing is being fixed atop the walls to prevent intrusion. A skywalk is already ready but not open to the public yet. My source tells me work is in full swing. A foresters residence with a fancy apartment for the mukhya mantri is already ready. Its well known that whenever Nitish goes to Rajgir the alliance shifts. And if he is feeling sick then politics gets murkier. But what about the animals? They are being sourced from all over. What about trees? They are being planted. But the animals would die in the bihar heat. I asked my source if this would be like a zoo. He replied, "Nahin janwar to khule mein ghumenge pinjre mein hum honge! " I quipped, "Toh safari ki kya zaroorat thee.. poora bihar hee safari hai. "

No comments: