Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Buta Singh - Bihar's Best Ruler.

Buta Singh who passed away recently was Bihars best ruler. I am not a votary of Presidents rule but for a brief period in 2005 i think Buta Singh was Governor of Bihar. And Presidents rule was imposed so Buta was all powerful. Bihars capital Patna had not even seen traffic lights since independence but suddenly all that changed. The streets were washed clean, the dust vanished and there were sparkling cats eye on the roads. It felt like Europe. And Patnas Sikhs could be seen in their expensive cars going around as if in Toronto. But at a wedding in Bombay a journalist friend quizzed my general knowledge. Do you know the names of Butas sons? Do you know Lovely and Sweety? I replied No. Do you know how much percentage they earn from cats eyes alone? I was amused. When I returned to Bihar my mongrel gave birth to two pups I named them Lovely and Sweety. One day a college senior visted and adopted both of them Lovely and Sweety found a home. The college senior was kanwaljit singh arora - a Sardar. Providence.

No comments: