Monday, April 25, 2022

The Dowry!

As I had my lunch two men sat at the table next to me. They ordered the usual Thali and so I did not expect their conversation to be anything spicy. But as they spoke it got interesting. And I think many young people go through this dilemma. The younger of the two was expecting to get married so his elder freind had taken him out to lunch to hear him out and give some friendly advice. Bridegroom To Be: You know everyone takes a dowry in Bihar. Yahan to yahee culture hee hai. Aajkal if you have a decent job, then starting dowry rate is 25 lakh rupees. Friend: So how are you dealing with your parents? Bridegroom To Be: Bahut mushkil hai unhein samjhana. Aur ladkee waale ko bhee. I don't want to take any dowry. Friend: So did you tell them. Bridegroom : Yes I did. But they did not take it kindly. In such situations it's best to rem ain quiet. They said dekho kaise usne bola. Ghamandi aur rude hai ladka. Friend: So what will you do? Bridegroom To Be: Can't understand anything. I have a basic salary and right now I am happy. I don't think the dowry will make me happy. There will be expectations. Friend: Yes, yes. But ultimately affections win the day. Although it's all a trap. Bridegroom To Be:And if you don't take dowry people say its a love marriage. Friend: Haan haan. Not just that they say ladke mein zaroor koi defect hoga! Bridegroom : Ekdum aap sahee jagah pe hit kiya. Aur age mein bhee antar hoga. Age gap hoga zyada... Friend: You should just tell them NO Dowry. Bridegroom : Yeh shadee bhee museebat hai. Main to khush hoon abhee....

No comments: