Friday, February 7, 2020

Credit Card Par Paani Puree Doge !


By Manuwant Choudhary

The secret why Patna girls are slim and trim is because they survive on Paani Puree !

For ten or twenty rupees they get five depending on where they buy it from.

But yesterday I heard this young girl, "Credit card par Paani Puree Doge?"

In these hard times even street food is on credit.

But for students living in hostels on a budget money is always scarce so for many Paanee Puree is their only food.

I fully empathise with JNU students protesting the hike in hostel and college fees.

For those living away from home a glass of milk is a luxury !

Like at my street corner a Nepali sells some delicious momos and noodles. Cost Rs.60 for chicken momos and Rs. 50 for a plate of noodles.

Boys hang around his stall gossiping about cricket..the Nepali momo seller only interested in whether his client has won a cricketing bet so he can recover his momo credit !

The coaching centres are bustling and Rahul Gandhi is right when he says the young want jobs.

I too wonder what the future holds for the young in an India with no jobs?

A student in a rickshaw took out her cellphone and I realised in Modis India their dreams are as shattered as their cellphones !


The bazaars are all lit up but business is down..a gentleman asked me when things will improve...I said I don't know.

And finally in BJP ruled Bihar in order to welcome Corona Virus the municipal workers have gone on an indefinite strike.



No comments: