Sunday, February 9, 2020

Denim Shopping !


By Manuwant Choudhary

If there is a right time to wear Denims its now..when winter is still not over...and summer is far away.

But its the one item I don't have.

And where I live there are not too many options.

There is a single a tiny Tommy Hilfiger outlet at Central Mall, several Levis show rooms and a few other Indian brands.

I did like the Tommy Hilfiger jacket. Its material was soft and wearable but the price is around Rs.8000 so beyond my budget.

Then there is the Levis brand but the jackets are all of a lighter shade and the material too rough.

Plus I don't like the stitch or the fit.

So one day I noticed a jacket at the Allen Solly store.

It was the right deep blue I was looking for.

Plus it had a stylish high neck I hadn't seen before.

So I walked in the store to inquire.

I asked the salesman about the jeans only to be told, "Sirji yeh aapke liye nahin hai."
(Sir, this is not for you..)

Me: Then who is it for?

Salesperson: Aapke liye to nahin hee hai...

Me: Tab kiske liye hai...

Salesperson: It is for the young.

Me: But I am young..

Salesperson: Nahin aap to uncle hain...

Me: Nahin main uncle nahin hoon, I can wear denim jackets...

Salesperson: Leave it. Ok how old are you?

Me: 22 !

Salesperson: Ok now you can try it. (The owner shouting that I be given the Large one)

I did try the jacket and it did fit perfectly...

Salesman: (Smiling) Sir aap par to acchhaa dikhta hai...(It looks good on you)

Me: Price kitna hai?

Salesman: Rs.4,500 only.

But ultimately I did not buy it...I was sure it looked good on me but I wasn't sure if the salesman believed I was 22 !

No comments: