Sunday, September 4, 2022

Cyrus Mistry's Death A Huge Loss To India

The tragic death of former tata Chairman Cyrus Mistry in a road accident has shocked us all. Ofcourse it is for the police first to tell us what really happened. I have driven once on the Mumbai Ahmedabad Highway and I can tell you that except for a hundred kilometres just before you enter Ahmedabaf the rest of the highway is not worth driving. Its in a state of desrepair and bad shape. Yet you will come across several toll stations where you have to pay a tax. On television I have not seen a single reporter do a spot reporting on what could have happened on the bridge. Just one report suggested the lady was trying to overtake from the wrong left side. I have driven on Indian highways and I know how trucks behave. To me it seems the adjacent vehicle pushed her into the wall of the bridge. I am not saying it is targetted murder of Mistry but I just know what happens on Indian highways. In 2019 there were 534369 road accidents and 154000 deaths. This is just a government figure. Our road minister Nitin Gadkari has not said a word. ...silent like a mouse. The last time he spoke he said Indians could do Mumbai Delhi in 12 hours. Indian Highways are death ways for which we pay a tax. Now he wants to steal our money through GPS enabled number plates. For Parsis going to Gujarat is a pilgrimage of sorts. Udwadia is an old Parsi settlement and for many Bombay Parsis ensuring it's survival is of great value. Cyrus Mistry was returning from such a pilgrimage.

No comments: