Saturday, September 17, 2022

My OverSmart Electric Metre Reader

The transition from post paid to pre paid electric metres are a tricky business in Bihar and it can burn a large hole in your pocket. Like the bijli vibhaag slapped a Rs 14000 bill even when I was not consuming a single unit. And I had paid Rs 12000 only a few months ago. On a closer look at the bijli bill I noticed the electric metre reader had reported my metre was dead. So I went to take a look and the metreji was very much alive and kicking. So I decided to spend the rest of the day around the bijli office. One helpful accountant asked me to make a two minute video of my metre and then go to another building and show it to a lady there. I made the video and went to the lady officer. She looked at the video closely taking down the reading on it. She then entered the same onto the computer and then took out a fresh bill. Pronto it had a surplus of Rs 4500 ! For the next two months I did not have to pay a paisa! A lucky day.

No comments: